Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- WHY BOOK WITH LIQUID HISTORY TOURS?
- Small groups, local guides and a smattering of quirky history reveals a London not found in the guide books.
- As for the name "Mind The Gap" this was first used in 1968 by London Underground, and it has become a definitive daily sound of the city.
- WHAT LANGUAGE IS SPOKEN?
- All tours are conducted in English only
- WHAT ARE THE GROUP SIZES?
- The maximum size on all tours is 14 participants, with an average of only 8 people
- WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
- Our tours depart come rain or shine. London is technically drier than Rome or Jerusalem, so you should be pleasantly surprised.
- DO I NEED TO BOOK IN ADVANCE?
- Yes. Our guaranteed small groups mean that it is essential to make an online reservation prior to arrival
- DO YOU TAKE LASTMINUTE BOOKINGS?
- Yes. Ring +44(0)776831005 and we can advise you of availability and payment options.
- ARE THE TOURS GUARANTEED TO DEPART?
- Yes. No matter whether it is 2 or 12 people booked all our tours are guaranteed to run.
- WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- We offer a full refund or change of date for amendments outside 72 hours of departure. Inside 72 hours 100% cancellation charges apply.
- CAN I CHANGE MY DATE?
- Yes. We allow one FOC date change outside of 72 hours of departure. All changes are subject to availability.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY AGE LIMITS?
- It is more about attitude than age, but we do request that Drink London participants are over 18 years of age to enjoy this experience to its full.
- CAN WE BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR?
- Yes. Please email us for bespoke itinerary options & pricing.
- WHERE DO WE MEET?
- All tours depart from main transport stations across London, and close to a coffee shop & bathroom if you require these facilities prior to joining the tour.
Drink London:St.Paul's Underground Station (Exit 2, outside Cafe Nero on Panyer Alley)
Visit the Transport for London Journey Planner for more help in planning your arrival itinerary.
- WHATS INCLUDED / EXCLUDED?
- Each tour includes the services of an English speaking guide for the duration of the tour.
Food, drink, gratuities and items of a personal nature are not included, so you can indulge as much or as little as you desire
Just bring some suitable clothing, a splash of spending money, good sense of humour and a small sense of adventure.
P.S. Don't forget a well charged camera or phone for all those great photo opportunities along the way...
- WHAT IF I AM LATE?
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of start time, or you risk us leaving without you. If lost or late please ring +44(0)7768310005 and we will try to connect you with the guide
- CAN I BRING MY LUGGAGE?
- Most tours cover a lot of ground, so are unsuitable for large or bulky luggage to be carried. Please email us and we will suggest a suitable alternative.
- DO WE HAVE TO TIP THE GUIDE?
- If you feel your guide has done a sterling job, then a small tip is never expected but always appreciated. A simple "Thankyou" or "High-Five" is a worthy alternative too.
- CAN I BRING A DOG?
- We all love dogs at Mind The Gap Tours, but unfortunately we cannot cater for them on any of itineraries and many places we do visit will not allow access. Sorry Fido!
- CAN I WORK FOR MIND THE GAP TOURS?
- If you can deliver exceptional small group experiences, combined with a fun loving knowledge of London & genuine passion for excellent customer service then please send us your CV.
- I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION...
- Drop us a line and we will respond as quickly as we can.